Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spotlight Member - Cammy Nichols!

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share this month's spotlighted member with you. It's one of my favorite people, I've known Cammy as long as I've known APIT! :)


Please welcome and get to know a little better....



Cammy Nichols!


Here are the questions and answers from Cammy about her scrapping:


Tell us a little about yourself

I’m a stay at home mom with 2 boys, Jacob-11 and Daniel-7. I’ve been married to my wonderful husband for almost 16 years. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and have lived here all my life. I started scrapping about 13 years ago. I wanted to do a heritage album with picture I have of my mother as young girl. I never did finish that album, but hope to some day. I got going when I started my oldest son’s baby album and I haven’t stopped yet. I love being a part of the APIT design team.


How would you describe your scrapping style?

I would describe my style as linear and fairly simple. I love to do photo collages on my layouts. They let me include lots of pictures and they’re easy to put together.


What scrap celebrity would you like to meet and why?

I would really like to meet Cathy Zielske and Tim Hotlz. I love Cathy’s scrapping style and Tim’s projects are just awesome!


Where do you find your inspiration?

I love to look at magazines and idea books for inspiration. Blogs are another place I like to check out too. Recently I’ve been trying to look at ads for inspiration too. The layout I did for this spotlight was partly inspired by a TV ad I saw using long thin pictures.


Describe your creative process.

My process depends on what I’m working on. Generally though I usually start with the pictures and then look for paper and embellishments that go with those photos. I usually then work out where I’m going to place the pictures and then work in the patterned paper and embellishments.


Besides scrapping, what other crafts/hobbies do you enjoy?

I enjoy reading, taking pictures and spending time with my family.


What is the craziest item you have ever added to a page?

I guess I’m not very adventurous when it comes to adding crazy things to my pages. The only things I can come up with are some hair from Jacob’s first hair cut and some pieces of yarn from his favorite blankie.


Who are your favorite manufacturers?

Too many choices, my top three are Fancy Pants, October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket.

Describe your scrapping space.

I have my own room on the second floor of our house. Not always the most ideal spot, but at least I can close the door on the mess if I want to. Right now it is in various stages of organization, I really need to just finish it… I love having my own space because I can leave my layouts sit and then come back to them with fresh eyes.


What would we be surprised to know about you?

I’m really glad I ended up having 2 boys because I have enough trouble doing my hair every morning. I can’t imagine having to try to do someone else’s each day!


Thanks for the chance to be the Member Spotlight this month. I loved June’s kits and I chose the Pink Paislee one for my layout. I added some letter stickers from K&Company for my title and some of the filmstrip ribbon that Amy had available as an add-on for May I think.


Thanks for being our Spotlight Member this month Cammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment