Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Use Your Scraps July

I especially loved the kits this month so it was easy for me to use every last bit of my scraps!  With the Basic Grey Green at Heart kit I created this cute teapot chipboard mini-book. This was a $1 chipboard book that had been sitting in a drawer for ages. I wasn't sure what I would do with it until we went to Disney last year and had a girls only tea at the Floridian Hotel. Perfect! I kept this pretty simple, adding only a few small scraps of coordinating papers, a few border strips, some prima flowers and a sheer ribbon on the cover and bling to embellish some of the stickers from the sticker sheet that was included with the kit. Here it is:




I also used my Max & Whiskers scraps to create some fun candy covers. My daughter and I had created similar lollipops for Valentine's Day. Only takes a minute when using scalloped punches. Add a ribbon and an embelishment or two and voila! The Hershey's Bar was super simple using only some kit scraps, bling and a ribbon.


Feel free to try out any of these ideas but be sure to post them in the APIT gallery! We love to see your creations!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorna,

    Your creations are so darling! and so very creative!
    Thank you for sharing, very inspiring indeed!
    I might steal the idea for the chocolate bar ;-)

    ReplyDelete