Monday, August 9, 2010

Use Your Scraps, August

Hi there everyone! I'm bringing you this months issue of "Use Your Scraps!"

This month for my design team assignment I used the Little Yellow Bicycle Travel kit. For my main two-page layout and card I really did use most of the paper! In fact I was a little nervous that I'd have enough to do much with for this section! But, I did have scraps though so I just grabbed some of my most favorite cardstock in the world - kraft - and was able to come up with a one page layout and some cards. You'll notice that I had to use that cardstock as a base for each of my projects, but the whole feel of the projects are from the papers in the kit.

First, here's the layout I did. I gathered my strips of extras and layered them on my kraft cardstock and just added some Thickers and letter stickers.


Once I finished the layout I didn't have but a just a few squares of scraps left. I really wasn't sure what to do, but then decided to pull out my punches and just made these two simple cards. I again used my kraft cardstock and also added some bakers twine, a few brads and some hero arts stamps. I actually really like how they turned out! What do you think?



Once these cards were finished, I didn't feel bad at all tossing my teeny-tiny amount of scraps in the trash! In the end I got one two-page layout, one one-page layout, and three cards from this kit!

I'd love to see how you all "use your scraps!"

MaryAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment