Monday, November 22, 2010

November 2010 Guest Designer, Krystle Thomas

Good Monday morning everyone! It's my favorite time of the month again - time to share with you our November Member Spotlight member!

Please help me welcome Krystle Thomas!


Here are the APIT Spotlight questions and answers:

Tell us a little about yourself.

Hi everyone! My name is Krystle and I live in Albuquerque, NM with my wonderful husband of 7 years. I first picked up scrapbooking way back in 1997 and it has been so fun to see both my personal style and this industry grow over the past 13 years. For me, scrapbooking is a relaxing creative release and a beautiful way to preserve memories. I love everything about this craft, especially sharing inspiration and connecting with other scrappers.


How would you describe your scrapping style?

This is a hard question for me to answer, but I think my layouts tend to have an elegance to them.


What scrap celebrity would you like to meet and why?

Teresa Collins -- she seems really great!


Where do you find your inspiration?

Mostly from other scrappers. I love online communities!


Describe your creative process.

I typically begin with a bunch of pictures that I want to use and then I go to a sketch, or challenge, or an idea that I want to incorporate and finally I pull in the scrapbooking supplies that would best help me create my vision.

Besides scrapping, what other crafts/hobbies do you enjoy?

Scrapping is my only real hobby so if I am relaxing and not scrapping you will likely find me on the couch watching TV!


What is the craziest item you have ever added to a page?

My hospital bracelet from a fall I had.


Who are your favorite manufacturers?

Basic Grey, Prima, and Pink Paislee.


Describe your scrapping space.

I have a desk in our office that is devoted to all of my supplies. I either scrap there or at the dining room table.


What would we be surprised to know about you?

I have a day job (I am an attorney).


Krystle chose the November Making Memories APIT kit to work with and did two wonderful two-page layouts with them:



Thanks so much for joining us this month Krystle - it was fun having you design with us and we're so happy to have you on the boards as well.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layouts Krystle! Thanks for the inspiration and congrats!

    ReplyDelete