Saturday, July 24, 2010

A TRI-FOLD BOOK

Hello There! My name is alexandra and my role at APIT is to: "Stretch That Kit". I was lucky enough to play with the Basic Grey collection this month:
Here are some of the projects I made with the Capella collection:
When I first saw that line, I thought about two things: a Baby book for my friend Jamie who's about to have her 5Th baby and a "vintage" page with older (think sepia pictures) lay-out. Here is how I made the tri-fold Baby book.
The book is made of 2 Legal file folders, trimmed down, adhered together and scored according to the format needed. The elastic is threaded as shown in the picture below.

The pages are binded to the third part of the structure with the bind-It-All.
I distressed the edges of the papers to give them more depth.
Here is the book almost finished, ready for a title...

The tag and the "B" are Quickutz dies, the other letters are rub-ons from American Crafts.

The tag is glued only on its right side:

The finished project looks like this when it's open:

.
This kind of books could serve many purposes and different elements could be added such as : a slot for a pen, some pockets...
I hope you've enjoyed this, have a splendid Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Your Baby book is gorgeous, it's a wonderful way to keep memories!!! I love it!! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Congrats!!! All your projetcs are superb!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Alexandra ! C'est juste magnifique !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il est tellement joli ce livre que je suis toute contente de venir le redire ici !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo pour toutes tes idees.Y.S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Encore un mini exceptionnel, petite fée!!!
    Et cette bind it all...me fait de l'oeil... trop géniale cette machine!?!
    bizzz

    ReplyDelete