Monday, July 26, 2010

Spotlight Member -Tesa Broman!

Happy Monday morning everyone! It's time for another Member Spotlight! And this month I'm introducing someone we all know and love here at APIT. But, it's always a treat to get to someone a little better and see more of their work, right? :)

Meet Tesa Broman!



Here's the APIT questions and the answers Tesa shared with us:

Tell us a little about yourself
Hi! I am Tesa and I live in a small town in Sweden with my lovely family of three. It's me and hubby - we've been married ten years this summer- and our son who is nine. I work as a teacher and researcher in Economic History and I'm fortunate to have have a family I love, a fulfilling work and the best hobby there is! I've been scrapbooking for three years by now and I love it more every day... It's crazy but true! Being part of the A Page in Time Design Team is great, I've loved every single moment on this Team!


How would you describe your scrapping style?

This one is difficult, but I think one could say it is a clean shabby chick kind of look. Not too many decorations, and often clean lines, but love some distressing, lace and flowers...


What scrap celebrity would you like to meet and why?

I have two major favorite celebrities that i would die to meet. First up is Cathy Zielske because she is one talented lady and FUNNY! I love reading her blog, and all the fun and wise things she writes. I think she is a very nice and witty person to be around. And then there is amazing Jennifer McGuire. Oh, the amazing creativity... And she seems to be the most nice and caring person there is.


Where do you find your inspiration?

I use the blogs A LOT! There are so many fantastic scrapbookers out there and the variety is endless. And my blogging friends inspire me every day. But what really kick starts my inspiration is a good old challenge. A lift, ad or sketch or anything else!


Describe your creative process.
My starting point varies a lot. If I have new papers I look for a challenge and photos to match them, and if i have new photos I start the other way around, matching the photos with papers. After that first choice is done I start my "moving around the papers and photos". This part used to take me forever, but lately I'm doing it a lot quicker, guess I finally learn to trust my feelings... When I'm pleased I decorate. Done.


Besides scrapping, what other crafts/hobbies do you enjoy?
I love reading and do that a lot in periods. Other than that, I don't have time for much else of hobbies, I work full time and have a family so I've got my hands full.

What is the craziest item you have ever added to a page?
I'm not the crazy item type of scrapbooker. I haven't added anything that might be considered strange. I think. I suppose I should do something to change that soon!


Who are your favorite manufacturers?
Basic Grey. Love Basic Grey. But there are a lot of other fine manufacturers. Like GCD studios, Pink Paislee, Bo Bunny... I could go on...

Describe your scrapping space.
It's a combined scraproom and guest room in the basement (but with a large window). It's a mess except when we have guests. My son constantly shakes his head and says "Mom, you REALLY have to clean this mess UP!!!" Och well, i call it my creative chaos!

What would we be surprised to know about you?
I'm the clumsiest person walking on this earth. If there is a door to walk into, I do that. If there is one slippery spot on the floor, I promise you I'll go slip in it. My sweet mom is always telling me I have bad luck, and that is kind of cute of her. But I know a clumsy when i see one.



Thanks for letting me be this month's spotlight. It was fun. My page is made with the Fancy pants paper from the June kit. LOVE these papers!!! The title reads - You're so old that it is growing moss on you, dad! Cause that was what my dear son told his papa after having put some old grass on him...





Thanks for sharing your talent with us this month, Tesa! It was a lot of fun getting to know you a little better. :)

1 comment:

  1. That was wonderful getting to learn more about people we know on this blog and others. Fabulous layout and love the journaling.

    ReplyDelete