Monday, December 27, 2010

December Guest DT, Nancy Olsen

This month's guest designer has a special tie to APIT and it's been fun getting to know her. She is the sister of design team member, Victoria! How fun it must be to have a sister to scrapbook with!

Welcome Nancy Olsen!


Here are Nancy's answers to the APIT guest DT questions:

How would you describe your scrapping style?
Simple. I usually use cardstock, photos and a few embellishments, with a little bit of journaling. I’m not a big writer, so I usually just put the facts. I do a lot of double page LOs and rarely make a page with just one photo on it.


What scrap celebrity would you like to meet and why?
Becky Higgins. I had a picture taken with her at CKU in 2005, but I’d love to have a conversation with her. I’ve liked her style, right from when I started scrapbooking.

Where do you find your inspiration?

I used to buy a lot of magazines and idea books, but found I wasn’t reading them or finding much new in them anymore, so now I find most of my inspiration online on blogs and in scrapbooking galleries. I find my sister to be a big inspiration as well.

Describe your creative process.

I usually pick photos first and then pick papers and embellishments to match. I like using coordinating lines from the same manufacturer. I’m also fairy quick, I don’t spend more than 30 minutes on one LO.

Besides scrapping, what other crafts/hobbies do you enjoy?

I like photography, which goes well with the scrapbooking. And I’ve tried a lot of different crafty hobbies, like knitting and jewellery making.


What is the craziest item you have ever added to a page?

Probably a little bottle of sand from Mexico. And 9-10 years ago, I used to make a LO in my vacation albums where I’d put a ton of brochures, it was always super bulky!

Who are your favorite manufacturers?

Making Memories, My Mind’s Eye and Little Yellow Bicycle


Describe your scrapping space.

I live in a 1 bedroom condo, so it’s small. I keep all my scrapbooking supplies in the bedroom in a cupboard and cube storage, as well as in the walk in closet. And then I scrap on the kitchen table. I’ve love to have a room someday where I can keep everything and scrap in as well!


What would we be surprised to know about you?

I collect hippopotamuses. I have hundreds of them, I’ve been collecting them since I was 3.



Nancy chose the APIT Making Memories December kit to work with this month and did a two page layout and a one page layout:


To see the layouts more close-up, check them out in the gallery and click on the photos to enlarge them.

Thanks for designing with us this month, Nancy! It was a pleasure getting to know you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment